Visit Brett's personal travel blog for his adventures at http://theplacesivebeen.blogspot.com Curious about our past life in Togo, West Africa? visit http://emersonstogo.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Oh My!

I created a few writing pages for Caden yesterday to see what he could do. They were connect the dot pages of letters and shapes. The first one was his name, a circle, and a square. I couldn't help but smile the whole time he was writing...he was concentrating so hard.

This page was just lines....straight, curvy, zig-zag, etc. Caden decided it would be better to just circle all the lines.

I wanted to see if he could follow instructions and test his shapes and colors.
Here were his instructions (given individually):
  • color the circle red (he gave every shape a little red, but chose the crayon himself)
  • color the square blue
  • color the diamond orange (oops, he chose yellow...but when asked, he told me it was yellow)
  • color the triangle orange
And this is what I get for trying to teach him to write his letters (and then not keeping an eye on him)...

Don't worry (SheaLea) , he's still getting lots of opportunities to explore his creative side with blank canvas...and we're still working on the concept that we write only on paper.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Caden!! Nanna is so proud of you! Your mommy is a great teacher!! Keep up the wonderful work, both of you. =-)
Love ya bunches,
Nanna

Shannon said...

Wow! He's so smart! We are so behind! Rebecca is so strong-willed, she won't do ANYTHING you want her to do (including using the potty!). And as I've written before, she hates her name. So when I bring out the "letters", she hides the "R" under the sofa!
Give me some pointers! Where do you find the time? Especially with two?

Shannon

Anonymous said...

Gamma & Papa must have heard Caden sing the alphabet song 100 times in the one week we kept him at our house!!! Actually Gamma wanted Papa to keep singing it after Caden left since it seemed so natural by then -- Papa said, no thank you.
We miss Mr. Smiley #1 and Mr. Smiley #2 lots!!!
big hugs, G & P xoxoxoxo

Rachel said...

We are still working on that concept of paper only with Joshua too. He is in the drawing on himself stage!