Visit Brett's personal travel blog for his adventures at http://theplacesivebeen.blogspot.com Curious about our past life in Togo, West Africa? visit http://emersonstogo.blogspot.com

Monday, October 01, 2007

Coconut Grove

We took our last vacation as a family of 3...
We traveled to the Coconut Grove beach resort in Elmina, Ghana. It is located right on the Atlantic Ocean, and we enjoyed falling to sleep to the sounds of waves.

I'm not sure if this was a full moon or not but it gave the most beautiful moonlight across the rocks on the beach. The picture doesn't do it justice.

Caden was terrified of the ocean. I convinced him to play with some blocks in the sand. Then his creative Daddy convinced him to dig for a small coconut he buried in the sand. Caden didn't realize that the "nut" was moving closer to the water each time until a small wave took over his digging spot...and then he freaked out again. Note to self: Next time, bring more toys for playing in the sand!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

You look great and it sounds like you guys had a blast on your trip!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! I love the shadow picture. The bridge in that national park was amazing! I'm just sorry you didn't see any animals.=-}
Glad to see everyone is well and looking great!!
Love,
Nanna and Gran'Pa