Visit Brett's personal travel blog for his adventures at http://theplacesivebeen.blogspot.com Curious about our past life in Togo, West Africa? visit http://emersonstogo.blogspot.com

Monday, February 19, 2007

Il est tres fatigue!

Well, the diagnosis is out....Caden has Roseola. Nothing serious, in fact it's common in the States. Basically, he had a fever for several days and then a rash broke out on his body. I'll spare you those pictures, it's quite pitiful. The rash doesn't seem to bother him......just his mommy. So we're on the mend and trying to get back on our schedule. I usually try and wait till close to 10 AM to put Caden down for his nap so he will be asleep during our language lessons. Today at 9:15, this is how I found him:




When I first noticed he was on the floor, I panicked a little thinking he was hurt. Then a closer look revealed closed eyes. I have read several posts lately of my friends about their kids falling asleep in places other than their beds. Brett and I commented how Caden would never do that because he is too curious about the world around him...guess I was wrong.

Thank you to everyone that has been praying for our little boy during his sickness. We praise God that is was nothing serious and that we now have peace about what is wrong with him.

5 comments:

Erik said...

Is that Rudy Huxtable?

Erik said...

We're glad to hear that everything is alright. We'll keep your little one in our prayers. I can't wait to see you guys in April/May. I can't believe it's been as long as it has. God bless!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

I'm sure he was just tired out and missing his granny Tammie and all the ice cream that got him hyped up...It was really so good to see you guys! I've been tryng all day to put photos and Ghana stories on my blog but they're trying to make me change to this new thing and I evidently don't have the hang of it because I can't get my post to show up on the old site even though it tells me it has published. I am extrememly frustrated. If I didn't have a client later this afternoon, I might just lay on the floor like Caden and take a nap myself!

Anonymous said...

Poor little sweet Caden! At least you know what's wrong and we will keep him and you both in our prayers! Hope he gets better soon.

ALSO - can you please update your address list with my new email: kalanam@gmail.com

I accidentally completely deleted my old hotmail address and I just noticed that you had also sent me a new newsletter. I'd love to receive those but it will have to be at the gmail account! Thanks!!!

Love to you all.

Jason Tomlinson said...

My heart is with you. Landon and Hannah both had mad crazy fevers this week. They're better now. I hope Caden is too.