2006
So, here's the story behind our little Christmas tree. First I have to say that I love my little Christmas tree. Last year we didn't have a Christmas tree...we had decided when we moved from Memphis to Montgomery that we would leave behind our dear fake tree in pursuit of a real one when the time came. Well, the time came and went without a tree...we had a newborn and money was tight. I assumed I would spend another Christmas without a tree. I was wrong. My thoughtful husband yanked one out of the ground one afternoon while he was hiking in the mountains. He was quite proud of himself. We put the tree (roots included) into a mop bucket and attempted to secure it with dish towels. Still wobbly. We then tied a birthday ribbon from the trunk to a hook on the wall. This worked wonderfully for about two weeks. Thankfully, we were home when the tree began to "tilt". We have since leaned it more toward the window for extra support. My Mom sent us the snowflakes and we bought the other ornaments and lights here in town. The one random ornament towards the top has to be our favorite...it says "Mon beau sapin, roi des forets" (my beautiful fir tree, king of the forests). Oh, and don't worry...Brett plans to replant the tree before we leave. Long live mon beau sapin!
Santa Claus came to visit Caden while he was taking his morning nap. He enjoyed opening his gifts (ok, so most of these were regifts from his birthday...but he didn't remember). We had to hide each toy after he opened it so he would be willing to open the next one. Little does he know that Santa was able to put lots of Christmas gifts for him on our container...Christmas will come again in January (maybe February) for this family when we're in Togo.
So, here's the story behind our little Christmas tree. First I have to say that I love my little Christmas tree. Last year we didn't have a Christmas tree...we had decided when we moved from Memphis to Montgomery that we would leave behind our dear fake tree in pursuit of a real one when the time came. Well, the time came and went without a tree...we had a newborn and money was tight. I assumed I would spend another Christmas without a tree. I was wrong. My thoughtful husband yanked one out of the ground one afternoon while he was hiking in the mountains. He was quite proud of himself. We put the tree (roots included) into a mop bucket and attempted to secure it with dish towels. Still wobbly. We then tied a birthday ribbon from the trunk to a hook on the wall. This worked wonderfully for about two weeks. Thankfully, we were home when the tree began to "tilt". We have since leaned it more toward the window for extra support. My Mom sent us the snowflakes and we bought the other ornaments and lights here in town. The one random ornament towards the top has to be our favorite...it says "Mon beau sapin, roi des forets" (my beautiful fir tree, king of the forests). Oh, and don't worry...Brett plans to replant the tree before we leave. Long live mon beau sapin!
Santa Claus came to visit Caden while he was taking his morning nap. He enjoyed opening his gifts (ok, so most of these were regifts from his birthday...but he didn't remember). We had to hide each toy after he opened it so he would be willing to open the next one. Little does he know that Santa was able to put lots of Christmas gifts for him on our container...Christmas will come again in January (maybe February) for this family when we're in Togo.Merry Christmas!
We love you all!

6 comments:
We loved talking and "seeing" you this morning, April and Caden. We were awed with the personal contact that Skype provides. All that was missing were the hugs!!
Have a Merry Christmas and loads of love!!
GD & GD Stewart
Oh to be young again like that...and not remember...but wait...I must be going into my second childhood because now I'm old and I don't remember....that could be good...that coudl be bad...
At any rate, I am so glad that you got a tree and that Caden and both of you are having a wonderful Christmas season!
Love you all!
Merry Christmas Emersons...I have to say you are quite resourceful! I wonder if this will be one of those Christmases you most remember.
--Jen Hutch Gorham
Merry Christmas, guys! We love you! ~The Channing Family
We're glad you're having a good christmas on the other side of the pond. your french is getting so good!
if anyone would like to see the meal that Brett would've liked to have for son Noel a la francaise, please visit our blog.
the preceeding comment is from us-
-
- john & laura
Post a Comment