
Gatlinburg was a much needed break. We had a great time with friends from our days at Harding University. Caden was a trooper through all the travels. He even rode in his hiking backpack for the first time and didn't cry once! Here's a picture of us at the waterfall we hiked to at Cade's Cove (no, the husky bald gentleman is
not in our party).

Caden also strummed his first guitar...thanks Erik.

We haven't posted a picture without Caden since...well, I'm not sure if we ever have...so here's a great shot for ya. ;)
2 comments:
Great picture. Maybe GrannyDot would paint that for you,(or for me) hint, hint.=-)
The last time Tim and I made that hike to the water fall at Cades Cove, Laura was 4 and Joe(y) was a baby...We took turns carrying them and I promised God that if He left me live until I got back to the car I would NEVER do that hike again....I had done it many times in my childhood and teen years and before children but it was just too much with a child on each back all the way for me....and by the way, April, do you remember the first time your family when to the Smokies for vacation and when you came home all you could talk about were the water parks and go carts....and I kept saying, "Are you sure you went to the same Smokie Mountians I grew up going to?" Now you know why...Cades Cove is the Smokie Mountians that I know...We always camped out there for a week when I was a kid and did the loop at least twice. We would go into Gatlinburg maybe for one day...never to Pigeon Forge (even though now my cousin is the tourism director there). We spent out time hikikng in the mountains and playing in the creeks and tubing in the rivers...then black bears still came out at dust in the camp ground so you had to be sure and put all your food in the truck of your car. I thought it was the most beautiful place on earth that God had created...I still haven't found a place that I'm sure is more beautiful when all things are accounted for...I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip!
Post a Comment