Visit Brett's personal travel blog for his adventures at http://theplacesivebeen.blogspot.com Curious about our past life in Togo, West Africa? visit http://emersonstogo.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dots

Caden: Momma, is that your dots?
(pointing to something on my leg)
Me: That's a freckle.
Caden: Ohhhhhh! A freckle.


This kid is getting great at one-liners and keeps us laughing. He is also quite the polite young man, using his pleases and thank yous on a regular basis. And if you tell him,"Oh, sorry." he'll reply, "That's o.k." So sweet. His other common funny is his response to "no". Now, I blame myself for this one a bit because I was tired of the whiny response to "no". I encouraged him to say "Awwww, man. O.K." but what I usually get is "Awwww, man. Pleeeeeese!" Cute son, but the answer is still "no".

2 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

I love how kids have names for certain things....Madison used to call freckles "polka dots" except she said "pokey nots" now she calls them feckels :) She can't get the "r" in there but I love it. Your little ones are adorable. Hope y'all had a great stateside visit :)

Emily said...

Makayla does something very similar. If she wants something she can't have we tell her, "Sorry Makayla, but you just can't have four cookies." To which she responds, "Thank you mommy, thank you for saying you're sorry!"