Visit Brett's personal travel blog for his adventures at http://theplacesivebeen.blogspot.com Curious about our past life in Togo, West Africa? visit http://emersonstogo.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Pray for Caden


The test came back positive today that Caden has Malaria. This is the first time for him. Many of you may be wondering, "Is that serious?" The quick answer is yes, unless you have medication to treat it. We have started Caden on meds, and he should start feeling better within 24 hours. For more frequently asked questions about Malaria, you can visit the CDC site. It all started when Brett was out of town and I had the boys on my own. Normally, this is no big deal and I'm definitely getting the hang of it.
I had just gone to bed when I heard Caden open his bedroom door. I guided him back to bed only to have him throw up all over the floor. I spent the rest of the night being afraid of falling asleep and not knowing how sick my child was. Needless to say, when Brett came home I was SO glad to have my helper back. It is possible that he has a stomach virus on top of the Malaria, but we'll deal with that once the Malaria is gone. We have dealt with fever, throwing up, and general puniness over the last 36 hours.Three Sleepy Boys

Please be praying for our little guy...that the Lord would heal his body quickly and rid it of all malaria parasites. Pray for us as parents to be patient with him and know how to make him as comfortable as possible.

12 comments:

Mike Baur said...

Which kind does he have? Vivax or Ovale? Karen had Ovale so she didn't feel the signs until after she got back from Africa.

olivia said...

I'm sorry about this, I'm praying for Caden and you all!! Also, I hadn't seen the updates below and I must say that Corban is adooooorable.

laura said...

Oh April... I'm so sorry! We're praying for Caden, and for you and Brett as you care for him... we know how exhausting it can be so know that you're in our thoughts and prayers!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

This deserves a POOR BABY! Take good care of this precious little one. Maybe God's richest blessings fall on you all and give you wisdom and peace and comfort!

Kirsten Alana said...

Wow. You're both amazing! I'd be wigging out. When I babysit my little cousin Chloe and she coughs I freak out!

Carris Family said...

I stopped and said a prayer for Caden (and will continue to do so) before even leaving this comment. I hope you feel comforted knowing how many people are praying for and thinking about little Caden! Molly

Rachel said...

Praying little Caden feels better quickly!!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Caden. Chad told us in the mens class tonight and we prayed for all of you.
We love ya'll (can I use that?), miss ya'll and are continuing to pray for Gods healing of Caden and blessings for all of you.

Stephanie said...

Bless his heart. I saw on your staus on Facebook about his malaria. I'll say a prayer for the little guy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweet Caden,
Gamma & Papa are so sad that you are sick...it's just not right that such a sweet boy should get that nasty old malaria. We are praying that God fixes you right up realllll quick!
love, G & P xoxoxo

Robert Channing said...

Praying for Caden and you guys too!

Kevin and Laura said...

That just breaks my heart. I'm glad that he has such wonderul parents to cuddle him and make him feel better.