Visit Brett's personal travel blog for his adventures at http://theplacesivebeen.blogspot.com Curious about our past life in Togo, West Africa? visit http://emersonstogo.blogspot.com

Monday, September 13, 2010

Sans Enfants

If you're looking for pictures of our kids, this is not the post for you. I'm being a bit selfish today and writing a post about 2 fun things that I have experienced sans enfants recently. The first was Brett and my's 9th anniversary. One of the blessings of living with family is access to easy childcare. We left the boys and headed to The Melting Pot for an incredible fondue dinner. We went all out and got the full course. I felt like I was in France again with all the courses. So yummy!!! Unfortunately, this was the only picture we got because our camera battery died.

I celebrated my birthday on Saturday with some much needed time to myself. Completely by myself. Brett allowed me to sleep in (9:30!) and then took the boys out of the house for the morning. They came back for naps and then when everyone got up, Brett sent me out to do whatever I wanted and to stay out as late as I wanted. First stop, Bed Bath & Beyond. I've had my eye on a set of Emerilware pots and pans for awhile now. The ones we had in Togo were loosing their non-stick material (they were a wedding present), so I sold them. With the help of birthday money from family and the 20% coupon they're always sending in the mail, I got an incredible deal! I was SO excited....it was pretty ridiculous how excited I was.
I then spent some time at reading (I'm reading Eat Pray Love) at Starbucks before doing a little more shopping. I treated myself to dinner at Panera Bread (love their bread bowl soups!) and ended the evening reading a little more before heading home just after 8. The boys were still up when I got home and I realized that while I enjoyed my alone time, I still missed them. ;)

So there you have it, a little glimpse into my September excitement.

2 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

All of that sounds loving! I love living close to our family so that Matt and I are able to get out a couple times a month w/o children! It is easy to let the daily activities get in the way of finding time for each other. We have never been to the Melting Pot...maybe we will do that soon. I can totally relate to being super excited...I feel that way about a Snark Steam Mop :) Glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Miss G said...

Very fun, April! We love the melting pot and I can understand the excitement over pots and pans. What a wonderful husband to let you sleep in and have all of that time to yourself. :) Kelly