Part Two: Pack Container (check)
Part Three: Unpack Container (check)
Part Four: New Home
As you can see from my list above, we are 3/4 of the way complete with our move from Togo. Yesterday, with the help of several strong men, we unloaded our container of belongings that shipping from Togo in June.
Now I had not seen any of these items since we left in March. There was a strange feeling yesterday in witnessing my household items suddenly appear after 5 months.
Within an hour, this is what the container looked like:
We brought our couch and the boys' scooters home. Everything else is in a storage unit until we decide to move into our own place (we're currently living with my parents in Memphis).
I'm at a very strange place in my life that very few people can relate to. I'm to the point where I'm finding joy and confidence in my life here in Memphis. Most of it is beginning to feel normal rather than new. I'm happy to have those feelings, yet at the same time I feel somewhat guilty for replacing my joy of Togo. No, it's not replacing, but those feelings do feel as if they are changing place of importance in my life. Does that make sense? I still have moments of longing for our life in Togo, and I'm sure I always will, but I'm enjoying making this life for my family too. Togo will always hold a piece of my heart that I will forever long to make a part of my life again, but I will embrace that feeling in knowing that it is part of what makes me me.
Today as I celebrate 5 months of return to America, I also mourn 5 months from a place I loved to call home.
No comments:
Post a Comment