Visit Brett's personal travel blog for his adventures at http://theplacesivebeen.blogspot.com Curious about our past life in Togo, West Africa? visit http://emersonstogo.blogspot.com

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day Reflections From the Top of My Head


- Being a dad is a great gift!
- Somebody (preferably a male) please tell me what is better: A) spending your life with the woman you pursued and that you love completely, or B) knowing the joy that two beautiful and amazing young boys will carry on your family name with honor
- Or C) A and B are an equal blessing
- I just finished watching C1 & C2 sleep. Is there a more precious moment in life than seeing your sons in their most vulnerable and natural state?
- Life is Good
- If I'm being totally honest, one huge reason that Father's Day is great is because Prell lets me do whatever I want all day long - and sleep in the next morning to boot!
- Caden and Corban are becoming more than brothers; they are becoming true friends. Please don't hear me saying that they get along all the time or that they always play well together. Please DO hear me saying that true friends don't always get along or play well together either! The secret of true friendship lies within this dicotomy...
- God has blessed me beyond what I deserve.
- Today I received as gifts a few special treasures that will always be precious to me.
- Seeing my sons crying and unhappy has just as much meaning and beauty as seeing them joyful and full of laughter.
- C1 & C2 are and always will be my 2nd & 3rd best friends!
- Caden picking his nose is genuinely funny!

1 comment:

Nanna said...

Happy Father's Day Brett, you ARE truely blessed!