Visit Brett's personal travel blog for his adventures at
http://theplacesivebeen.blogspot.com
Curious about our past life in Togo, West Africa? visit http://emersonstogo.blogspot.com
Saturday, July 19, 2008
My Birthday Celebration
On July 7th I turned 31 years old, and as is my recent tradition, I was out of the country :) April and I decided to celebrate my birthday on a day after the interns were gone and we had some just family time.
Friday was that day! I got to sleep in until 9, which is unheard of for me. I got chocolate chip pancakes in bed, along with ice cold milk and orange juice. I got my beanbag filled with really comfy Styrofoam! I got a special meal of Thai food that evening, and my favorite part was the dessert. April made "bumpy cake", a special cake that I always had for my birthdays growing up. Just the fact that she attempted it was special, and then she went and did a great job on top of that! Bless her, she even let me cut the first piece right out of the middle of the cake. Normally this drives her NUTS, but she let me do it on my special day.
We ended the day with a movie and some cuddling on the couch, a perfect end to my birthday celebration. I had missed April and the boys so much because of internship and the busyness that surrounds it, and it has been so wonderful to reconnect these last few days since the interns left. Thank you God for 31 years and for a wonderful wife and 2 special boys to share it with!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
dude - it's driving me nuts just looking at the picture!!!!
happy birthday man!
JW
Happy Birthday Celebration Day, Brett! We are glad it was a good day for you.
Your Mom & Dad bless the day God sent you to us! It's been an amazing ride!! Some times uphill, other times downhill, but always a blessing! God had great plans for you right from the beginning and He just had to teach us to be patient enough for them to unfold!
Love you Bretter!
Always, Mom & Dad xoxox
ps April - the cake looked great! You'll have to email me your recipe! The center piece is always the "coveted" piece in our family! :)
Happy Birthday a little late! That cake looks really good! And it sounds like you got really special treatment! You are one blessed man!
I LOVE the family pic of the 4 of you!!!
Post a Comment