Visit Brett's personal travel blog for his adventures at http://theplacesivebeen.blogspot.com Curious about our past life in Togo, West Africa? visit http://emersonstogo.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Pink Eye and Other Updates

Well, we are enjoying a few days in Searcy with friends, some old and even a few new ones. We're not big "Harding is the Greatest Place on Earth" people, but we will always have a strong emotional attachment to this place. We still have a ton of friends here that we absolutely love, and that makes the trip more than just one of nostalgia...

In other news, both of the boys have pink eye. Besides being gross, those weepy, crusty, swollen eyes make them feel a little less than stellar. They still continue to be great though, smiling and happy and winning the hearts of everyone they meet...

We have 19 days left in the States. That's still a good little while, which is good, because we're not ready to go home to Togo just yet. America has so many little fun and convenient things that we're still going to experience before we leave :)

On Saturday we'll be heading back to Montgomery to continue our bonding time with our sponsoring church. Once again, please pray for our comings and goings!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I had pink eye when I was at Harding and I know it's no fun! Hope the boys get better very soon!

Enjoy the rest of your stay in the great US of A!

Carris Family said...

Ahhhh...not the dreaded pink eye...that's the worst!! I hope you guys don't catch it, and that the boys can keep up with all the activity while not feeling their best! It was AWESOME to see Brett, I have been praying so fervently for your time here in the states. I realize it will be totally exhausting, but I hope it can fill you at the same time!!! I love you guys!! Molly

Christy Brockman said...

Pink eye is no picnic. All four of us had it several years ago....it's no fun administering the eye drops to a 4yr old and 2yr old. Anyway - enjoy the rest of your time in the States! May it refresh you so you can continue the great work that you do!

Anonymous said...

Poor babies!!!
And poor Mom and Dad!!!!!
It is so hard to keep a 2 yr old from rubbing his eyes, and impossible for an infant!!!
Hang in there! =-}

Penny McGlawn said...

We're so glad that we got the chance to see you guys!! Know that we're always praying for you!!!

Erik said...

Dudes, we are going crazy knowing that you are this close but haven't seen you yet! Let's talk soon...
-S

Anonymous said...

Ugh...we just found out today that Matthew has pink eye, too, so I feel for you guys! We're h oping that Katie doesn't get it, but it seems like an uphill battle. Hope it clears up quickly!

Laura King

Julie Baker said...

I LOVE your boys and I'm so glad I was able to spend time with you guys!! You are continually in our prayers. I will send you my favorite picture of Corban and Jarett...they look like twins in the picture! Love you!